Techsploration: Newfoundland and Labrador is a program designed to
provide young women with opportunities to explore trades, technical and technology-related occupations, while creating an
awareness about the critical role of work in their lives. It also
helps them understand the significance of high school math and
science to their future careers.
The five key components of Techsploration include:
- Role Model visit and interview.
- Independent and group research of Role Model's career for
written report and presentations.
- Work site tour of Role Model and/or sponsor's workplace.
- Techsplorer’s two-day event where all teams from across the
province meet to give their group presentation, participate in
fun hands on activities, have a workshop with their role
model, and more!
- Participants present research and findings to their school.